Submitted by Brittany Hampton/SLAM Southern Pines
1 (16 ounce) package of Oreos
1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, room temperature
2 bags semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Crush Oreos with food processor or immersion blender. Remove 1/4 cup for topping.
- Using a handheld or KitchenAid mixer, mix cream cheese and crushed Oreos until well blended
- Form mixture into small 1” balls.
- Freeze for 10+ minutes (makes it easier for dipping into chocolate.)
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips in microwave. Head in short intervals and store after each heating.
- Remove balls from freezer and dip in chocolate. Place on parchment paper and sprinkle with Oreo crumbs, holiday sprinkles or crushed candy canes.
- Allow to dry, then chill the truffles and serve cold.