Sure, you and Alfred von Wigglebottom can get down with a Bourbon Street steak, but that’s because you’ve never had a styrofoam cooler full of Lisi Italian squeakin’ in the truck bed all the way home.
See what you’re missing during Moore Humane Society’s Paws for Celebration Virtual Gala and Auction, with chances to bid on everything from fancy food and drink to rare records, autographed photos and international vacations — plus a raffle with a chance to win a two-night stay at The Sanctuary, at Kiawah Island Golf Resort.
Proceeds benefit the private, nonprofit rescue organization established in 1966 that operates the only state-licensed no-kill shelter open to the public six days per week. Private donations, the nonprofit’s only source of income, are tax-deductible and help the organization:
- Rescue, rehabilitate, and adopt homeless animals
- Provide low cost spay/neuter programs
- Help manage feral cat populations through the Trap, Neuter and Release (TNR) Program
- Provide lost & found assistance
- Maintain the Pooch Park as a space for animals to play
- Supply information on pet health and training
- Provide humane education to local schools, day care facilities and other organizations
Browse items up for bid here or make a donation — so far, $425 has been raised of the $2,000 goal.