If you’re looking for ways to keep Moore County kids entertained through the colder months, look no further than this list sponsored by My Gym Sandhills. Because your kids didn’t inherit your hibernation gene.
My Gym Sandhills:
My Gym Sandhills is a hub for active kids that offers a ton of programs, located conveniently on the border of Southern Pines and Aberdeen. My Gym Sandhills offers kids birthday parties, Mommy and Me classes, gymnastics camps and other fun programs for ages 6 weeks to 10 years.
- Tiny Tykes: Little ones who are not yet mobile can benefit from a series of parent-and-me stretches, exercises, songs and dances, baby-safe rides and adventures, activities that strengthen balance and agility skills, moves that introduce tumbling during this motivating program. Book a class here.
- Waddlers: Infants become stronger with increased hand, arm, and trunk control, which leads to some of their biggest milestones, like crawling and, eventually, walking. Little ones will have a blast discovering their natural abilities with curriculum that enhances their physical and cognitive growth. Book a class here.
- Dance Classes: Classes begin Jan. 9 for Pre-Ballet (ages 3-4, 3;30-4:30 p.m. Mondays), Ballet / Jazz (ages 5-6, 4:45-5:45 p.m. Mondays), and Hip Hop / Acro / Contemporary (Ages 6-10, 6-7 p.m. Mondays). Book dance class here.
The National Athletic Village:
This Southern Pines facility offers 80 acres full of adventure, plus indoor games when the weather calls for it.
Choose from structured activities like soccer, rugby or gaga ball. Or, take the family out for a trail run, 3-D archery, human foosball, volleyball and more. Take a tour.
More Ways to Stay Cool:
Not just physically, but metaphorically. You get it. Here’s the list, in no particular order:
Drop-In Places for Fun On Your Schedule:
- Weymouth Woods Discovery Center: There are miles of trails to keep little legs busy, but the discovery room at this state park offers weatherproof fun. Kids can check out natural artifacts, look at objects under a big-screen microscope, grab a puppet and act out a play on the stage, or complete puzzles and other activities. ~Discover~ more about it. The park is located at 1024 N Fort Bragg Rd, Southern Pines.
- Pollywog’s Play Pad: The soft play center in Southern Pines offers drop-in and drop-off care, plus parties and “Play School” with crafts, learning and music. Leap over.
- 9th of September: This Midland Road studio offers paint-your-own pottery for all ages Tuesdays-Saturdays. For up-to-date info, visit the business on Facebook.
- Sandhills Bowling Center: While busier nights and special activities might require you to reserve a lane, Moore County’s bowling alley is typically a spur-of-the-moment trip. Located in Aberdeen, the center has 30+ lanes, a snack bar and small arcade. It also offers a kid’s bowling league. Roll this way.
- Moore County Libraries: Wherever you are in Moore County, you’re likely not far from a library. The Southern Pines Public Library requires proof of town residency or a fee to join; others are free for all Moore County residents and offer book clubs, children’s programs and more.
- Carolina Cinemas Sandhills 10: Kids will love the opportunity to choose their own recliner, plus snack trays big enough for an adult. Popcorn can’t be dinner every night, but once in a while is fine. Corn is a vegetable. See what’s playing.
Activities You’ll Want to Book:
The upcoming school year at Fellowship Christian Academy. The private Christian school in Carthage, near Union Pines High School, serves kids 2 years old through seventh grade. Register for an open house at 6:30 p.m. on January 23 or January 26. More info here.
- The Connection Corner: This space hosts Namaste with Kelly, a space for yoga, mindfulness, connection and community in small group sessions for kids age 4 through preteen. Kids of all abilities learn through physical postures, breathing exercises, sensory play, free play, creative expression and music. Strike a pose.
- Wine and Design: Yes, wine is in the name, but it’s all about what you bring to the table. The calendar of the Southern Pines studio features DIY classes in woodworking and knitting, plus painting for kids and adults. Brush up.
- Youth Cooking Classes: Junior Chef classes through Southern Pines Parks and Rec department will have kids cooking full meals and desserts. Moore Food Fun offers a sampling of food around the world See all programs and sign up here.
- Ballet: Pinehurst Parks and Rec department hosts preschool, beginner and intermediate classes from Katie McIntire. Learn more here
- Acting, Music, Dance and Arts: If fun to you and your kid means learning something new, Encore Performing Arts Center has a wide array of classes to fit your interests. You’re gonna learn today.
Want to see your business on this list, or move yours to the top? Email email@example.com