Humpty Dumpty Had a Great Fall
This list is a great start to making sure you do, too. Because we’re officially in the time of year where we need to schedule our days down to what time we brush our teeth in the morning, here are fall events to plan ahead for:
- Saturday, Sept. 16, 10 a.m. until: Bust out the lederhosen for Oktoberfest at Southern Pines Growler Co. There will be festive beers on tap, a food truck and stein holding competitions. The party continues on Sept. 23 and 30. Prost.
- Saturday, Sept. 16, 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.: Celebrate Oktoberfest at The Sly Fox with a brat cookoff. A stein hoisting competition, with men’s and women’s divisions, begins at 11:30. Let the festivities begin.
- Saturday, Sept. 23, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Get a taste of the simple life at the Malcom Blue Festival with artisan crafts like blacksmithing, jewelry, soap, lotion, cheese, and more. Pony rides will be available for kids and there’s live entertainment throughout the day. This ain’t for farmers only.
- Thursday, Sept. 28, 6 p.m.: Get creative with a sweater weather cookie decorating class with Cookies by Jay. This two-hour class will be held at Soiree on South and costs $65. Seats are limited, but keep an eye out for future classes. Sweeeeeeet.
- Sunday, Oct.1, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Shop the Fall $hit $how, Moore County’s parking lot flea market between Pinescone Cafe and Full Moon Oyster Bar in Southern Pines. Proceeds benefit Habitat for Humanity. Look around.
- Friday and Saturday, Oct. 6 & 7, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Get pickin’ at the Cameron Fall Antique Street Fair. Rain or shine.
- Saturday, Oct. 7, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Celebrate the season with Autumn Fest in downtown Southern Pines. Shop vendors, enjoy kids activities and more. There’s even a 5k. See the schedule or sign up here.
- Saturday, Oct. 7, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.: Join Red’s Corner for Pawtoberfest. Some of the proceeds go toward a permanent building for Caring Hearts for Canines. Your $12 ticket includes a pint glass with an Oktoberfest beer and your choice of a pretzel, cookie or a dog cookie. More info here.
- Saturday, Oct. 7: We don’t have all the details yet but Railhouse Brewery is hosting its annual Oktoberfest celebration with games, prizes and a special menu. Save the date.
- Wednesday, Oct. 18, 6 p.m.: Scurry to Southern Pines Growler Co. for a Howl-O-Ween trivia and dog costume contest. Get creative, throw them a bone.
- Saturday, Oct. 15, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Join Moore County Historical Association for the annual Shaw House Fair. Get a tour, enjoy snacks and historical reenactments. Log off for a day.
- Saturday, Oct. 21, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Shop the Holly Arts & Crafts Festival in Pinehurst. Support local makers and get a jumpstart on holiday shopping. Clear your trunk.
- Tuesday, Oct. 24, 10 a.m.: Join Carol Lucas Designs for a pumpkin succulent workshop at Sandhills Community College. It sold out last year, so get tickets ahead of time.
- Saturday, Oct. 28, 4-9 p.m.: Dress up for the Village of Pinehurst’s annual Oktobefest celebration. Enjoy beer, German food and music. We’re here for the polka.
Have something we missed? Let us know and we’ll add it!