Oh my gourd, Becky, look at her maze (this one is at Gross Farms). Here’s a rundown of where to get lost and find your perfect pumpkin this season.
Saddle up for local farms:
- EAGLE SPRINGS: Kalawi Farm, Sept. 30-Oct. 30: This local favorite debuts its Corn Maze and Fall Fun every Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sundays from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. What else you can expect: corn maze, hay ride, pumpkin patch, jump pillow, super slide, barrel train, playground and seasonal homemade ice cream flavors! Tickets are $10/person for ages 3 and up. Reserve your 2-hour time slot.
- CARTHAGE: Karefree Produce has produce, baked goods and ice cream in flavors like apple pie, but mark your calendar for a customer appreciation day on Saturday, Oct. 8 — with pumpkins and mums, craft vendors, games, a bounce house and more. Follow along for updates.
- CARTHAGE: Parkwood Farms has pumpkins and gourds farther than the eye can see, all grown by Union Pines High School Agricultural teacher Thadd Davis. Pumpkins ranging from $1-$12 are available every day of the week — as Thadd says, “when the sun is shining, the farm is open.” Find Parkwood Farm at 4617 N.C. 22. Cash only. Follow the farm on FB.
- SANFORD: Saturday, Sept. 17 – Oct. 30: Friday-Sundays, navigate your way through Gross Farm’s 20th annual corn maze and pumpkin patch. Purchase your tickets online.
Get your road trip playlist ready for these farm destinations:
- HOPE MILLS: Gallberry Corn Maze, Sept. 17 – Oct. 30: Enjoy twelve acres of down-and-dirty family fun on the farm with more than 20 fall attractions including a corn maze for adults, a corn maze for kids, pig racing, a barrel train, a supersized sandbox and more. You’ll also get to meet farm animals, including a donkey named Mr. Hee Haw. No, we couldn’t type that without laughing. It’s open to the public every Friday, Saturday and Sunday through Oct. 30. Carve out some time.
- CLINTON: Hubbs Farms, Sept. 24 – Nov. 5: Farm animal encounters, a corn maze and pumpkin picking are back — new attractions include a huge slide and apple cannons. You’re the pick of the patch.
- CHAPEL HILL: Spring Haven Farm, Sept. 28 -Oct. 31: These goats heard you like to party. Celebrate fall on the farm with “Drinks with Goats” (Oct. 18) featuring Dirty Bull Brewing Company, or all season long with “Carving Pumpkins With Goats.” You’ll meet other animals, too, get a chance to ride a tractor train and get lost in a haunted maze. More info here.
- RAMSEUR: Millstone Creek Orchards: While there is still time to get in a few days of apple picking, you can also plan to go on your own Pumpkin Pickin’ Adventure every weekend of October. Grab your tickets here.
See something we missed? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.