SPONSORED BY SANDHILLS COMMUNITY COLLEGE
If your signature dish requires 8-10 hours under a lid on low heat, step up your game with these six classes from SCC’s Culinary Club — just bring an apron and no-slip shoes, and leave with serious skills.
1. Cooking for One: Celebrate another year of being #foreversingle with dishes you won’t have to eat four days in a row. Nov. 8; $75
2. Keto Cooking: Lessen the horror of a carb-free life with recipes for soups, entrees, vegetarian dishes and desserts. Nov. 13 &14; $150.
3. Veggie Soups: Learn how to whip up a mean minestrone and other crowd pleasers, because flu season is upon us. Nov 19; $75.
4. Wine Pairing: Master a life skill with a class on wine selecting, tasting and pairing. Nov. 29; $75.
5. Comfort Foods: Introduce lasagna Bolognese and polenta into your kitchen vocab with this two-part course on meals that require hibernating for dessert. Dec. 4 and 5, or Dec. 6 and 10; $150.
6. Holiday Party hors d’oeuvres: Finally feel what it’s like to have someone ask you for a recipe, not what setting you used on the microwave. Dec. 11 or 12. $75.
See a full list of classes here.