If you’re looking for ways to get submerged this summer, this list will (literally) have you covered.
1. Pinehurst Resort: The place to join if going to one of the Moore County pools with your kid requires a margarita on the rocks. The water slide, outdoor service bar, and adults-only pool should seal the deal. The pool is open without reservations right now, and no restrictions are in place. Interested in becoming a member? Fill out this form, or visit the Membership Office in the Member Clubhouse. Bonus: Active-duty military who own or rent a home within a 60-mile radius of Pinehurst can take advantage of the Patriot Membership, with 50 percent off the initiation fee plus reduced monthly dues. Call 910-235-8081 for info.
2. Elks Club: Memberships for the newly-painted pool only $180 for a single person or $300 for the family for Elks Members only. The pool opens the Friday before Memorial Day and is open until Labor Day. More info.
3. CC of Whispering Pines: The pool is open now, with visits limited to 2-hour blocks. Reservations will be accepted. Prices start at $599, but they offer discounts for locals and military. Learn more.
4. Foxfire Village Pool: The Foxfire Pool is projected to open Memorial Day Weekend. Punch cards for 10 visits are $25 for residents and $50 for non-residents. Cards for 20 visits are $40 for residents. No season passes will be sold this year. See more details.
5. Lawn and Tennis: This pool will be open May 15 through Oct. 1, and seasonal memberships start at $275 for individuals $400 for the family. A monthly option is available as well. Check it out.
6. Southern Pines Pool Park: The projected opening date for the Southern Pines Pool Park is Memorial Day Weekend and will remain open until mid-August. It’s $2 a day for residents and $4 for non-residents. COVID-19 precautions will mimic those announced in the most recent order from the governor at the time. Right now, they’re just requiring social distancing.
7. Local Splash Pads:
For those times you want to practice half-assed parenting.
:: Pinehurst — The splash pad at Rassie Wicker Park opens May 21. Hours are 4:30 – 7:30 p.m. Monday – Friday. when school is in session, and 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Once school is out for the summer, hours will be 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. daily. Info here.
:: Southern Pines — Open daily from noon to 6 p.m., starting Memorial Day Weekend. More info.
:: Carthage — Hillcrest Park’s splash pad opens May 22, with daily hours of 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Info here.