From fully-staffed to swim-at-your-own risk, this list of Moore County pools has got you covered. In water.
1. Pinehurst Resort: The place to join if going to one of the Moore County pools with your kid requires a margarita on the rocks. The water slide, outdoor service bar, and adults-only pool should seal the deal.
COVID rules: Right now, the pool is members-only and reservations are required. In other words, it’s a great time to become a member. Fill out this form, call Brian Meador, at 910-235-8081, or visit the Membership Office in the Member Clubhouse, open from 9-4 Monday-Friday.
2. Elks Club: Ok, so you just have to apply to join the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, sign some papers, pay a $50 application fee, and attend an initiation meeting that probably doesn’t include a sacrificial offering. Lodge dues are $200; the pool membership is $300 on top of that. If you have a friend who’s an Elk, you can tag along with them for $7 a visit.
COVID rules: They are operating at 50 percent of capacity and will take your temperature as well as ask you to shower off and wash your hands.
3. CC of Whispering Pines: The pool is set to open on June 5, with visits limited to 2-hour blocks. Reservations will be accepted. Prices start at $599, but they offer discounts for locals and military.
4. Foxfire Village Pool: The opening has been postponed due to COVID-19. Check for updates here.
5. Lawn and Tennis: This pool is opening June 5. Seasonal pool memberships are $400 for the fam; $200 for just you.
6. Southern Pines Pool Park: Opens this Saturday, June 6, and will remain open from 12:30-6:30 p.m. every day except Sundays through August 8. It’s $2 a day for residents and $4 for non-residents. Here are the new rules:
- Bring your own chairs.
- The pool is limited to 33 swimmers at one time. If it reaches capacity, swimmers will be limited to 2-hour time slots.
- You can’t make reservations, but if you visit and find the pool at full capacity, you can put your name on a waitlist.
- All swimmers will have their temperatures taken and be asked a series of COVID exposure questions before entering the pool area.
7. Local Splash Pads:
For those times you want to practice half-assed parenting.
:: Pinehurst — Could open in phase 3.
:: Southern Pines — Open daily from noon to 6 p.m.
:: Carthage — No timeline for re-opening.
Bonus: Looking for something to wear? Check out the options at Knickers Lingerie.