It’s Killing Us, Smalls!
But the wait for pool season is nearly over. While it feels like for-ev-er, here are some local options to have on your radar to cool down this summer:
Southern Pines Pool Park: This public pool celebrates its new season on Memorial Day weekend, then stays open from June 9 to Aug. 19. It’s $1-$2 a day for town residents and $3-$6 a day for the rest of y’all. Pay cash at the pool per day, or get a season pass.
- Go ahead, jump off the deep end: The pool has lifeguards. It also just got an upgrade.
Country Club of Whispering Pines: Start swimming May 30. Take advantage of a sale until May 29: Get a pool membership for $699 or a membership with golf for $799. The pool is being painted, the concrete surround is being repaired and there’s a 10% military discount. Talk about a hot deal.
Pinehurst Resort: With an adults-only pool and hot tub, zero-entry family pool with a water slide and splash zones and a bar, this option is how you have a summer. See how to become a member.
- Discount: Active-duty military who own or rent a home within a 60-mile radius of Pinehurst can take advantage of the Patriot Membership, with 50% off the initiation fee plus reduced monthly dues. Call 910-235-8081 for info.
The Lawn & Tennis Club: Jump in early and late here, from May 15 to Oct. 1. A family membership is $475. Get your towels ready.
Foxfire Village: Season passes are available to residents only, but you can purchase a daily pass as a non-resident for $5 (cash only). The water is fine starting 11 a.m. on May 27. Pack sunscreen.
MORE PLACES FOR YOUR TADPOLES TO SPLASH AROUND:
- Pinehurst Splash Pad: Opens May 19.
- Carthage Splash Pad: Opens May 20.
- Southern Pines Slash Pad: Opens May 27.