Think again. From a free kids’ junior clinic to a relaxed dress code, local beer, and no ropes separating your fam from the legends of the golf world, here’s a list of reasons you should go to this week’s tournament at Pine Needles.
- The players love interacting with fans. Unlike other tournaments, there are no ropes separating you from the stars of the show. And as long as your favorite has completed and signed her scorecard, she’ll be happy to sign an autograph. Oh, and there’s free wi-fi, so feel free to post photos from your journey along the course.
- The dress code is relaxed. Think golf is all polo shirts and khakis? Wrong! Just wear what makes you feel comfortable. We know what you’re thinking — no, not that comfortable.
- You can go anytime. Gates are open all day, so go from dawn to dusk or for a 2-hour stretch; it’s up to you. Just keep in mind that crowds are generally larger on the weekends.
- There’s food and beer. Get in some sun and then take a break from the action for some Duck Hook, Man of Law, and great food under the shelter of the Bell Pavilion near the 18th green.
- There’s things for kids to do. Those under 18 are designated as “juniors” and get in for free. On Saturday, a free junior clinic takes place on the driving range from 3-4 p.m. An autograph area will be set up near the 18th green.
- Active-duty military and vets get free tickets. One free gallery ticket and one free guest ticket will be available per person, per day. Order online before you go or pick them up in person at R. Riveter, Heritage Flag, and will call.
Want more reasons to go? Check out a list of FAQs here. Play begins Thursday.