Love our brand? Hate it, and think you can do better? Well you’ve come to the right place, because The Sway is hiring.
NOW HIRING: Sway Staff Writer
Are you the go-to friend for intel on restaurants, shopping and events? Do you lie awake at night wondering who’s renovating that vacant building? Does being the source of information give you a bigger rush than being the first in line for the Wine Cellar’s annual sale? Does your phone always eat first?
If you’re looking for a full-time job that allows you to put your passions to work, then The Sway wants you to be its new business writer. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator who has an insatiable curiosity about Moore County’s latest and greatest local businesses, interesting people and fun events — and a drive to spread accurate information to the brand’s more than 17,000 newsletter subscribers and 18,000 social media followers.
- Be comfortable and confident in interviewing sources and writing informative stories
- Have skills in photography and video, either on a phone or DSLR
- Enjoy working on tight deadlines in a collaborative environment
- Have working knowledge of Instagram, Facebook and TikTok
- Be willing to learn and adhere to the brand’s lighthearted voice
- Demonstrate fluency in memes, trending topics and pop culture
- Embrace a collaborative, open office environment
- Be able to travel to all areas of Moore County
- Have flexibility to work a non-traditional 40-hour schedule, to include some nights and weekends.
Bylines on Bylines on Bylines:
In addition to working for The Sway, candidates will also contribute work for the business section in The Pilot newspaper, Moore County’s top source for news for more than 100 years. The Pilot and The Sway are family and locally owned and have been recognized in the state and the nation for award-winning community journalism.
- Paid vacations and sick leave
- Health insurance and 401K
- The ability to work remotely when needed
Send a résumé and any relevant work samples to email@example.com. Questions via email are also welcome. No phone calls, please.